Details of the Bristol Computer Fix Warranty on Repairs
Although we take every care to ensure our repairs are of the highest quality, occasionally things can go wrong.
Here at Bristol Computer Fix we offer a 6 month warranty on the workmanship of all our repairs. If you are unhappy with the quality of workmanship carried out by Bristol Computer Fix then we will always do everything we can to put it right.
If you return a PC or laptop to us that we have repaired within 6 months of the date your computer was returned to you then we will honour the warranty.
Our 6 month warranty also covers any brand new hardware that Bristol Computer Fix has installed (90 days for laptop screens) or replaced. Failed parts falling outside of the 6 months warranty period will be considered on a case by case basis.
There are some exclusions and conditions you should be aware of before booking your computer in for a repair and these are detailed below.
- Cosmetic Marks - Although we do take every care possible to prevent marking or scratching during repairs, occasionally there may be minor cosmetic damage to computers due to the nature of the work. If damage does not impair the functionality of the machine then we are unable to accept liability for cosmetic repair costs.
Replacement Laptop Screens
- Pixel Defects - Laptop screens are made up of hundreds of thousands of pixels (red, green and blue) that switch on and off at a rapid date to create a picture. Occasionally, LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screens suffer from 'dead' or 'stuck' pixels and each screen manufacturer has a tolerance level for the number of pixel defects allowed before a screen can be returned for replacement. The tolerance level is based on screen size and the number of defective pixels. Bristol Computer Fix will be bound by the screen manufacturer's accepted tolerance level.
- Cosmetic Marks - Because the plastic bezel surrounding the screen will have to be removed in order to replace it there may, from time-to-time, be minor scratches on the bezel. This can include areas around the screw holes and the catches that hold the bezel in place. Bristol Computer Fix take every care to keep minor cosmetic marks to a minimum but will not replace a bezel for minor cosmetic marks. A bezel will be replaced if plastic is snapped or cracked during the screen replacement process.
- Bezels - Some bezels on laptops can suffer from a certain degree of 'bagginess' after they have been removed, especially where the plastic is lightweight to keep weight or costs down. The effect of the bagginess can mean small gaps between the bezel and the screen. This effect is unavoidable with some screen repairs and does not constitute a fault under the warranty.
- Screw Covers - Most laptops have rubber or plastic screw covers that are stuck down with adhesive. Once these covers are removed they may not stick back on or may be unavoidably damaged during removal. Bristol Computer Fix make every effort to replace screw covers but, on occasions when screw covers cannot be replaced or are damaged beyond re-use, this does not constitute a fault under the warranty. Replacement screw covers can, in some instances, be purchased and replaced at an extra cost to the customer.
Replacement Hard Drives
- Brand New Hard Drives - Where Bristol Computer Fix has replaced a hard drive with a brand new hard drive in a computer, the hard drive is covered by the manufacturers warranty. If the new hard drive fails within the first 6 months following a replacement then it will be replaced under the warranty at no extra cost. If a brand new hard drive fails outside of the Bristol Computer Fix warranty but falls within the manufacturers warranty then Bristol Computer Fix will return the hard drive to the manufacturer or supplier for a replacement but the cost of re-fitting the replacement hard drive will be incurred by the customer.
- Refurbished Hard Drives - Please see the information below about Refurbished Parts.
- Data - In the event of a hard drive failing, Bristol Computer Fix will not be liable for any lost or corrupted data or perceived monetary value of lost or corrupted data. This includes photos, videos, music files (including paid for files from online suppliers such as iTunes) and other documents. Any hard drive replacements carried out are under the understanding that data will be backed up by the customer on a device separate from the replaced hard drive.
- Data - Where data recovery is carried out, Bristol Computer Fix will try to recover as much data as possible. This may be limited by the condition of the drive from which the data is being recovered. Bristol Computer Fix will not be liable for any lost or corrupted data or perceived monetary value of lost or corrupted data. This includes photos, videos, music files (including paid for files from online suppliers such as iTunes) and other documents.
- Re-infection - Following a virus removal your computer will be free from viruses. As Bristol Computer Fix cannot accept any responsibility for websites visited or e-mails or files opened by the customer the 6 month warranty does not cover virus removal on any subsequent re-infection.
- How are Refurbished Parts Covered? - Where Bristol Computer Fix are asked to source refurbished parts due to the customer wishing to reduce the cost of repair there is a general recognition in law that the reduced price you pay reflects the risk in taking ownership of something with a greater likelihood of developing faults or breaking down in the future. Refurbished parts are not covered under the same 6 month warranty as new parts and any failure of refurbished parts will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Replacing Refurbished Parts - It should also be understood that refurbished parts are not usually a 'line item' with suppliers. By this we mean that an exact same replacement for the part supplied may not be readily available. In this case a suitable alternative or a partial refund may be offered if appropriate.
Returning an Item Under Warranty
- How to Return an Item - In all instances, items returned under warranty will need to be brought to the Bristol Computer Fix Head Office or arrangements made for the item to be transported safely by the customer. Bristol Computer Fix accepts no responsibility for damage incurred during transportation or use of any postal or courier service.
- Collect & Return - If you have previously used the Bristol Computer Fix Collect & Return Service and you wish to have the item collected & returned then the standard collect and return charge will be incurred.
- Warranty will be void if the machine has been tampered with or subsequently repaired or investigated by others.
- The warranty does not cover faults that are different or unrelated to the original fault or if the equipment has been modified or improperly handled.